Want to leave a comment, but don't have a Blogger account? No problem. Click on the comment section for the post that you would like to comment on, and select 'Anonymous.' (Just make sure to leave your name so we know who you are!!)

Monday, February 21, 2011

Out with the old and in with the new

It seems that I skipped over a few thoughts when I did yesterday's post....just blame the mommy brain!!!

3-6 month clothing out....6-9 and 6-12 month clothing in, about one month 'ahead of schedule'. 

Baltic Amber necklace in.  Jenna has been wearing an infant-sized amber necklace for a few weeks now, and I am sold.  Prior to wearing the necklace, Jenna constantly had her hands in her mouth so she could chew on her fingers, which I assumed was for soothing of her gums.  Since putting the necklace on her, her hands are in her mouth much less.  She's still drooling like crazy and chewing on other things as she sees fit, but the hands are spending much less time in her mouth.  This means less chapped cheeks and hands!! 

Boobs out.  Sadly, I think my boobs are old news for Jenna.  Over the last week and a half, she's been sleeping later in the morning, and consequently sleeping through the window that I have to do our morning cuddle/nursing session.  Bed time has been going so well that I decided that it wasn't worth disrupting the routine to replace the lost morning nursing session with an evening session.  I am now rethinking that decision.  Jenna has refused to nurse every time it has been offered to her each of the last 3 days, and has instead screamed until given a bottle of mamma's milk.  She's still getting my milk, which I guess is the bottom line, but there's something just a little disconcerting about the fact that she doesn't want it from me anymore...

1 comments:

Holly said...

I just moved Lainey into 3-6 month clothing. I was kinda holding out there for a while and her clothes were getting kinda snug! lol

Aren't the amber necklaces awesome!? They really do make a difference IMO. Both my girls were theirs 24/7 except for baths.

Sorry to hear she doesn't want to nurse. It's good she's still getting mommy's milk but I know I would miss that closeness.